Want GST Registration in Mumbai? Here you go!
GST is the single tax system wherein both the seller and buyer are required to get GST registration who is engaged in the business of goods and services as the case may be if they wish to collect the GST from the customer and avail the input tax credit.
- GST registration
- GST return filing
- DSC for Authorized signatory
- GST compliances with respect to the notifications, amendments, and circulars issued time to time.
- Legal advisory regarding GST Registration in Mumbai
To get started to follow below:
- Post the query in the chat box or you can call us on the number shown on the website.
- We will reach you shortly.
- We shall understand your requirements and make a note of it.
- Documents shall be collected from you.
- Payment request shall be made to you. You can pay in the following manner:
- Bank Transfer- NEFT/IMPS
- M Swipe (Credit/Debit Card)
- Paytm or Razorpay
- On Receipt of the payment, we shall proceed for the GST registration in Mumbai. On successful submission of the GST registration in Mumbai followed by GST registration approval, we shall provide you the New GST registration certificate.
Who all are required to obtain the GST Registration?
The GST registration in Mumbai is required to be obtained by the following:
|On the basis of the turnover||Other cases|
|1. Such companies, business entities having a turnover of more than 20 lacs.
2. Such companies or business entities specially put in special category states, having a turnover of more than 10 Lacs.
|1. Interstate supply: – All such supplies which are between states such as the supply of goods Maharashtra to Delhi.
2. Existing or previous taxpayer:- Such persons paying tax in the form of VAT/ Central excise or such other taxes which used to exist previously.
3. E-Commerce Sellers: E-commerce sellers who are engaged in the supply of goods or services. e.g. Myntra, Amazon, Jabong, Flipkart, etc.
4. Casual taxable persons: A casual taxable person is persons who get occasionally involved in the supply service or goods and his price for sale is also not fixed one. The festival based shopkeepers come under this category; say Diwali crackers shopkeeper, or such temporary food stalls falls in this category.
Documents required for GST Registration in Mumbai:
- PAN of the business and it should be GSTIN linked.
- Promoters Identity and Address Proof PAN, Passport, driving license, Aadhaar card or voters identity card of all the promoters.
- Business Registration Document like incorporation certificate or partnership deed or registration certificate for all such registered entities.
- Address Proof for Place of Business: Rental agreement or sale deed and copies of electricity bill or latest property tax receipt or municipal khata Note that the address proof to be submitted and mentioned in the GST Registration application should be same.
- Bank Account Proof: Pages showing a few transactions, the address of the business and the first and last page.
GST Registration Process:
- Firstly you need to log on to official website
- Go to the services out of options at the top of the page, click on “Registration”
- As yours is a new case choose “New registration” under “Registration”
- You will be asked whether you are a taxpayer or a GST practitioner, select as you are, in case of individual select the former.
- The new screen shall be displayed thereafter fill in your basic details.
- Basic details asked include the following:
- Applicant’s legal name of the business,
- The location of your business,
- the PAN of your business
- Email address and
- Contact number.
- An email confirmation and one-time password shall be provided, by which the portal verifies your details.
- Select the desired category and type of your business, Note that you may require to submit a few documents
- Fill in the application completely and submit it.
- On submission, an Application Reference Number via email or Text Message shall be provided to you.
The form submitted for GST registration in Mumbai shall be put forth for consideration and scrutiny by a verified GST officer in the country. After scrutiny of all goes well it shall be approved and online GST registration in Mumbai will be provided. In another case it may happen that you may be required to furnish further documents necessary for approval of New GST Registration in Mumbai.
GST return is required to be filed by all the business entity and persons involved as mentioned above. The type of returns to be filed depends on in which category an entity falls into and turnover of the entity.
Regular business: Regular business is required to file three monthly returns and one annual return. There are 37 GST returns in a year.
For regular business the returns are required to be filed in the following manner:
For monthly return, GSTR-1 is required to be filed.
Basis the GSTR-1 other two returns – GSTR 2 & 3 will get auto-populated.
|Sr. No.||Turnover (in Rs)||Return||Filing time|
|1.||> 1.5 Cr||Form GSTR-1||Monthly (10th of the month)|
|2.||>1.5 Cr||Form GSTR-2||Monthly (15th of each month)|
|3.||>1.5 Cr||Form GSTR-3||Monthly (25th of each month)|
Special Business Cases: Composite dealers come under the Special business category, they are required to file different returns.
In order to sign and submit the GST application the digital signatures. The digital signatures are required for class 2 or class 3 is required for the authorized signatory.
Note that in a proprietorship, there is no requirement for a digital signature.
Q1. What is the Time limit for registration?
The GST registration in Mumbai should be done within 30 days of coming into the ambit of required registration category.
Q2.What is the penalty for non- registration?
The tax due as on date or Rs 10000/-, whichever is higher.
Q3. What is the penalty for non-filing of the GST return?
In case of Failure to file GST returns penalty shall be charged in accordance to the applicable rules and regulation of GST law.
Q4.What all information is there on GST return?
The GST return shall include following Information/details:
- Details of Purchases of goods
- Details of Input tax credit (GST paid on purchases)
- Details of Sales of goods
- Details of Output GST (On sales)
Q5. What all information or documents are required to file the GST return?
In order to file the GST returns following is required:
- GST compliant sales and
- Purchase invoices are required.
- Fee for Online GST Registration Process
Q6. Are there any official fees required o paid to get GST registration number?
No official government fee is required to be paid for applying for online GST registration in Mumbai.
On the application front, yes it is quite a tedious process to get new GST registration in Mumbai. It involves various steps and documentation and is a long process.
In case you need help with online GST registration in Mumbai, contact us.
Q7. is there any penalty for non-Compliance?
Yes, there is a heavy penalty for Non-Compliance. Following is the penalty:
For Non-payment of the taxes or less payment of accrued taxes, 10% of the unpaid tax or Rs 10000 the higher of these. In cases where the offender has deliberately evaded payment of taxes under the law, the penalty amount will be 100% of such unpaid taxes.
Feel free to post a query to us.